Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Re-Launch. And Fish Stories

Welcome back. I know you have all been faithfully checking my blog several times a day, hoping—nay, praying that I would update again and once more enrich your lives with my sarcastic humor, and rugged good looks that are somehow perceptible in my writing. Well your dreams are about to come true again (light glints off my carefully-cultivated 5-o'clock shadow as I type this).

Today I am here to explain to you the setup in one of my aquariums. Sound boring? Well, it isn't, so stuh-foo. During my brief hiatus, I picked up a hobby of keeping fish. But do I keep regular, boring fish in a regular, boring manner? Perish the thought. I present to you:

The Alpha Quadrant.




On the left is Romulan Space, and on the right 
is Federation Space. The mesh between 
is, of course, the neutral zone.


The two fish involved are Bettas, of course. Which means that if they were not separated, they would already have fought to the death. Let me introduce you.






Romulan. He really does bleed
green. I know. I checked.
Online.



While Romulan has yet to display any cloaking technology, he is quite good at calmly ticking off the Federation.





This is Federation. And yes,
those really are their
names.



I'm fully aware that I have brought more awesome into the fishkeeping hobby than you thought possible. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Praise the skies; you really ARE back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to accept that I like the Romulans better than the Federation! But it's true.

    Also... stuh - foo. haha. I think i'm the only one that will get that. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa. You are not. Don't insult my 1337 5p34k. I'm hip with teh intranet lingo.

    ReplyDelete