Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Riding the New Layout Wave

The first thing you probably did when you arrived at my blog today was do a comical double-take. Then I imagine you asked yourself a question something like this: "Why are all five of my senses being assaulted with indie-tude, and who is that preppy, yet undeniably attractive man in the hip new site header?" At least, that's what I asked myself. Then I reminded myself that it was a NEW LAYOUT, and the mysterious bespectacled stranger was actually me, when I was 15 years old. Don't worry. It was a Halloween costume.

"Why indie," you may ask? Haven't you heard? "Indie" is the new black! Is it ironic that the social movement emphasizing nonconformity and disregard for what others think is fashionable has become mainstream?

He doesn't think so.

Anyway. Now that I have my spiffy new layout, here is a list of topics I will likely write about in the future:

-Why my obscure music is so much better than yours.
-Fashion from the 90s.
-How much I hate mainstream music.
-How much I hate mainstream cinema
-V-necks.

So look out! Andrew's Endlessly Condescending Ramblings is up and running! 

3 comments:

  1. Well, Andrew, as somewhat of an indie kid I must say there are two kinds of indie. There's "indie" and actual indie. "Indie" looks and feels exactly like any movie Michael Cera ever starred in, especially Juno, and actual indie looks and feels exactly like a run-down coffee shop that gets by on the same 5 heavily addicted customers who wear clothes from the sixties and play really obscure instruments. They're extremely different, but what they all have in common is this: They all write blogs about the 5 things you just mentioned. You're on the right track to being a belligerent elitist indie-kid, my friend.

    Now all you need to do is film an amateur music video of you covering the song "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen. Be sure to crank up the contrast to the same levels as whoever edited Oceans 13 or you'll be called a poser. Also, when you find a good band, don't tell anyone or else it will get popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the fashion one. and the V-neck. Andrew, I wish in the next life I could write as witty as you. just sayin. peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for all of them! Your blog posts are so funny!

    ReplyDelete