Saturday, December 6, 2008

2006 vs 2008

So I had a Chamber gig this morning. And I got into my tux. And I said to myself "Kyle." (Sometimes I call myself Kyle.) "You are a stud. Take a picture, and put it on FaceBook." And through a long and narcissistic series of events, I found myself looking through my other FaceBook pictures. And I found one I took in 9th grade of me in my 9th grade Chamber tux. And I decided to write a compare/contrast essay on the two pictures. Because, let's face it: 5-7 pages of research paper for Gardner really isn't enough English writing in my life. So the paper follows. And I'll intersperse the pictures throughout so you don't forget what I'm writing about (because you guys just can't focus), and so I have more opportunities to make funny captions. Everyone wins. Go team! And the first picture is a thumbnail that links to the full-size. Also, I would like to point out that both pictures are available separately on FaceBook (pic c0mm3nts plzzzz!!!1!)



Bond. James Bond.
Bond. James Bond.

Since the beginning of time, man has posed in full Tuxedo attire for FaceBook pictures on a regular basis. This phenomenon has been called many things, such as "posing in a tux for a FB pic," "taking a picture of yourself in a tuxedo," and "Holy crap. That guy is hot." Because of the nature of posing for a tuxedo shot, America what it is today.

In 2006, Andrew Broekhuijsen was a Freshman at TMS. And he was in Chamber. So sometimes, he wore a tuxedo. The first recorded incident of this was about 1 month into the school year (Broekhuijsen 29,674). The same day, he took a picture of himself posing sexily.




[censored]

On the other side of the tortilla, on December 6th, 2008, Andrew took another one, this time in his slightly more legit 11th grade tux (Wikipedia). And he found that there were a whole lot of similarities between the two pictures. And he said to himself, "Randy, I should write a blog post about this."



See? Similar.

As you can see, the left picture (2006) features the "hand on the hips, with slightly tilted head" look. But! So does the one on the right, with a slightly more tilted head.



I like to think of it as a symbol
of my growing maturity.

Even more curiously, the pictures were taken with the same section of wall in the background (Probably, 1) When I saw that, I said to myself, "Nebuchadnezzar, you have some odd recurring habits."



This is the picture I'm talking
about, by the way

So as you can see,



Don't forget


these pictures forever changed the growing country that america turned out





to be.

END ESSAY

As a final note, I would like to point out that I purposely broke all the rules that were taught to me by Birrell and Woolsey. Quick recap: Cheesy cliché phrases, check. Ridiculously generalized thesis, check. Citing Wikipedia, check. Forgetting to capitalize the world "America," check. Single-spaced works cited* page, check. Predictable MasterCard reference, priceless.




*Works Cited page may or
may not be invisible.

2 comments:

  1. I love it...it cracks me up...I bet if you zoomed in on the 2008 picture, you could make it look like it was two people standing around the corner from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking that I should get you to write my college papers. It brought tears to my eyes. Actually, I don't think that was from your writing, but from those very yummy photos.

    ReplyDelete