Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things that REALLY Bother Me

Some call them pet peeves. But mine are just too numerous to refer to them as that, so I just call them things that REALLY bother me. Here we go:

5. Ridiculously melodramatic MySpace girls





"OMG he doesnt even kno i exist!!!11!1shift+111!!eleven"


Ok, so who do they think they're kidding? Sometimes I wonder if they know that they're being annoying and immature or if they honestly believe what they're saying. They say 94% of all emos are just posing for attention, and that most of them aren't really all depressed or anything.* If I could give one message to all of these type of girls it would be: You're annoying. Stop being so annoying. And nobody likes your black and white pic.

*Fact may or may not be made up.

4. When my little brother thinks he won the argument and outwit me, but really he didn't and he's just being an idiot, and I'm just gearing up to kick his trash, but then my parents get home, and I can't do anything to him or he'll start crying to get me busted

Yeah this one doesn't need a lot of explanation. I think the title pretty much captures it there.

3. People mispronouncing words

Don't get me wrong here. It wouldn't bother me so much if after I corrected them they would just accept it and move on with their day. But when they insist that their incorrect pronunciation is, in fact, the right way to say it, THAT'S what kills me. Specific examples of words that are terrible:

Caramel. Pronounced CAR-mull, NOT CARE-uh-MELL
SoBe. Pronounced SOH-bee or SOH-bay, but NOT SOBE
Pillow. Pronounced PILL-oh, NOT PELL-oh
Drown. Not "Drownd." What are you, 4 years old?

Also related to this is when people correct me when I'm the one that's correct.

2. Losers (primarily online) who argue about the most homosexual things to argue about

I don't know how many times I've seen these huge flame wars under YouTube videos about the gayest things imagineable. A person gets one little fact wrong in a comment, or maybe they don't, but some obnoxious tool is certain that they must save all the YouTubers from these heinous lies, nay, this heresy. The two argue about it in a series of comments that goes down to the bottom of the page and beyond, usually starting as a legitimate (however pointless) argument, but degrading into each person making ridiculous assumptions about the other's character, age, and mother. Shortly thereafter, the entire infrastructure of the conversation collapses into a fit of calling each other "fag."

Related to these arguments is people bragging online. Somebody could put up this freakin' awesome guitar solo (for example) on YouTube, but it won't be up for 10 minutes before some deck comes along and leaves a comment about how much better he is at guitar than the person featured in the video, or pointing out all the video's miniscule technical mistakes.

1. Picky people at the restaurant where I work

Yeah, so apparently some people think they deserve special treatment when it comes to fast food. When I'm working the grill at Iceberg and I get a burger on screen that has some special orders, (no cheese, etc.) that's fine, if slightly annoying. Some poeple don't like cheese. But when I put the order out, and it gets SENT BACK without me having made any mistakes, that really makes me want to spit in their food (not that I would ever do that - employees are on camera 100% of the time). Here's an example of something that actually happened to me recently:

Some lady orders a combo with fries. I make her burger, put some fries in the little cardboard things that hold them, send it out and someone in front calls her number for her to pick it up. These were perfectly good fries. They had been out of the deep fryer and under the heat lamp for maybe five minutes max. But 10 minutes later, the twit comes back up complaining that her fries "aren't fresh enough." Now I'm no fry
connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure you can't tell the difference between 1-minute-old fries and 5-minute-old fries.







If you can see a difference, please never come to Iceberg

That wraps it up for today. If any of you have similar things that really bother you, feel free to post a comment.

1 comment:

  1. So, Katie has been raving about your blog, and it is possible that you and your sister belong to the funniest family on the face of the planet. Really. Thank you for a true lol moment.

    ReplyDelete